Re: Yet another LED GU10 thread...

I held back from replying as I would have recommended the Kosnik
GU10's I
purchased from BLT Direct. I used them in my kitchen and the light they put
out was similar in colour to the halogens, although the angle was little
narrower, it did not seem to matter for kitchen use where I had a set of 9
downlighters.

However, Just this week I purchased (with my usual low expectation of
GU10's I'd not tried before,)  some NxtGen series II from simply LED. These
were in Cool White (for another room) and I am very impressed. I have 4 in
my bedroom and the light is great, very bright, and a wider angle- Overall
the room looks lighter than under the halogens, and lighter than the
Kosniks.
I am now ordering more, I'm that pleased. Obviously after 1 day I can't
comment on whether they last the pace.....

However I have not tried the Warm white. An earlier model from simply led
in warm white came out far to yellow for my liking, and now
i'm preferring the cool white.

Gary

On 16 October 2012 14:25, Howard <howardsixtynine@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> **
>  Sorry for starting yet another one, but maybe things have moved on a
bit.

> Can anyone recommend an LED GU10 replacement, in warm white with a
widish
> angle, that is as bright as a 50W halogen and will actually last long
> enough to justify the purchase price?

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums