From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Howard
Sent: 17 October 2012 09:46
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Yet another LED GU10 thread...

=20

=20=20

I actually tried a very similar lamp from Brightlightz a while back. It was
a 6W, 27 x 5050 LED one. I thought it was rubbish and sent it back. It was
nowhere near as bright as a 35W halogen, let alone the 50W-60W that they
claim. The 29 chip one is supposed to be 20% brighter, but I'm surprised it
makes that much difference.

Are they really 7W? I'm coming to the conclusion that dissipating more than
4 or 5W in a standard size GU10 while keeping the LED junction below a
reasonable temperature is pretty difficult. I suspect that the 5W ones that
I bought may have deteriorated so fast because the LEDs are running too
hot=
.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
, "Adrian
Eaton" <adrian@...> wrote:

> I bought a few LED bulbs over the years and this one is the closest to
> bight wide angle warm white bulb. They use 29 of the 5050 smd leds
which
> seem to be fairly reliable. (my 21 led versions have lasted 18months
so
> far). They only drawback is that these bulbs don't come with a glass
fron=

http://www.brightlightz.co.uk/products/5-x-gu10-led-bulbs-7w-spot-lamps-wit=
> -27-x-5050-smd-chips-in-warm-white-60w-halogen
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Packs of 5 work out =A36.39 each. Not cheap but I calculated a rough
breakeven
> point is 12-18 months depending on usage compared to standard 50w.
They
are
> actually slightly whiter than previous warm white bulbs which I
prefer.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Adrian
>=20
>=20
>=20
> From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
[mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx
<mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
] On Behal=
Of
> Howard
> Sent: 16 October 2012 14:26
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>=20
> Subject: [ukha_d] Yet another LED GU10 thread...
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Sorry for starting yet another one, but maybe things have moved on a
bit.
> I bought six "9W" GU10s (actually 5W) from The Warm Light
Company earlier
> this year. At first I thought they were great, and recommended them on
here.
> They have now all failed, so I'm sending them back for a refund.=20
> Can anyone recommend an LED GU10 replacement, in warm white with a
widish
> angle, that is as bright as a 50W halogen and will actually last long
enough
> to justify the purchase price?
>=20
>=20