Solar - was Contemplating house rewiring - advice?

  • Subject: Solar - was Contemplating house rewiring - advice?
  • From: Marcus Warrington <marcus.warrington@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 12:18:38 +0000

Jim,=0D
=0D
Welcome to wonderful world of micro generation =E2=98=BA What panels have
y=
ou had installed and how big an array is it?=0D
=0D
We had 21 suntech panels (21 x 190w =3D 3.99KWh) installed on out NW
facing=
roof, and so far they seem to be performing 20% better than the installati=
on estimate. We=E2=80=99re fortunate in that we installed last year while
t=
he FiTs payments where higher (43.3p a KWh) so our FiTs payments so far
(5t=
h August 2011 =E2=80=93 31 October 2012) have totalled =C2=A31391.74, and
t=
hat=E2=80=99s without taking into account any actual savings on
electricity=
imported.=0D
=0D
I wish our house idled at 300Wh even overnight ours still sucks 600-660Wh
o=
f electricity. On a dull winters day our panels definitely won=E2=80=99t
ge=
nerate enough to cover that. During November our total daily estimate is
on=
ly 1.3KWh (the panels face North West remember)=0D
=0D
Are you uploading your generation figures to www.PVoutput.org ? If not I
re=
commend doing it as its very useful to see how much your actually
generatin=
g and keep track of things.  I use PVBeancounter to automatically grab my
g=
eneration figures from the Inverter (via Bluetooth although I plan to
chang=
e this to RS485 at some point) and upload them every 5 minutes. You can
see=
my outputs (and some photos of the install) at http://www.pvoutput.org/lis=
t.jsp?id=3D3777&sid=3D2970=0D
=0D
If you have an Android phone then another cool app is Solar Analyser=0D
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=3Dde.sunics.solaranalyzerdemo=
&feature=3Dmore_from_developer#?t=3DW10.=0D
=0D
=0D
Marcus=0D
=0D