Re: blu-ray rips

I'm afraid my experience has been less positive.  I have *tried* to
get generic playback from a pc and have failed miserably.  There has always
been a missing codec or piece of supporting software.  In the end I bought
a dune 101 and subsequent 301 that has played anything I have thrown at it
without issue.

Regards

Brian

On 29 May 2012, at 17:57, Stephen McGarry <stephen@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I use VLC player <http://www.videolan.org/vlc/>
for standalone playback (plays nearly everything). Plex and XBMC will
> play this as well.
> Dont know about the apple tv.
>

> On 29/05/12 17:26, Paul Gordon wrote:
>> Boys.
>>
>> Having just ripped my first BluRay disk (using DVD Fab Decrypter),
I haven't
>> yet quite figured out what to do with it. (you can see I thought
this
>> through with the usual UKHA level of planning & forethought!)
- I
>> thought I'd give it a go. - because I can!...
>>
>> But, I'm not sure how I play what I've ended up with, which is a
folder
>> structure not at all similar to a DVD rip. there's a big AVCHD
video file
>> (00000.m2ts) which is obviously the actual movie rip, but I can't
play it by
>> double-clicking it - even though I *can* play AVCHD files from my
HD
>> camcorder that easily.
>>
>> When I try Windows Media Player complains:
>>
>> "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might
not support the
>> file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress
the
>> file."
>>
>> So before I get stuck In to any research, I reckon many people
here must
>> have been through this learning curve already.
>>
>> So, given an apparently successful BD rip, how do I play it on
Windows?

>> Can Apple TV (2nd gen, not the very newest FullHD hardware)
jailbroken, with