blu-ray rips

Boys.

Having just ripped my first BluRay disk (using DVD Fab Decrypter), I
haven't
yet quite figured out what to do with it. (you can see I thought this
through with the usual UKHA level of planning & forethought!)   -   I
thought I'd give it a go. - because I can!...

But, I'm not sure how I play what I've ended up with, which is a folder
structure not at all similar to a DVD rip. there's a big AVCHD video file
(00000.m2ts) which is obviously the actual movie rip, but I can't play it
by
double-clicking it - even though I *can* play AVCHD files from my HD
camcorder that easily.

When I try Windows Media Player complains:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not
support the
file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the
file."

So before I get stuck In to any research, I reckon many people here must
have been through this learning curve already.

So, given an apparently successful BD rip, how do I play it on Windows?

Can Apple TV (2nd gen, not the very newest FullHD hardware) jailbroken,
with
XBMC running on it play BD rips. - I appreciate that this hardware doesn't
support 1080p but can it play any BD rip?

Save me a bit of time doing the research anyone?

Cheers!

Paul G.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums