Re: Ipad 3

  • Subject: Re: Ipad 3
  • From: Steve Morgan <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 10:00:41 +0100

Tim,

It's certainly not normal. It's actually symptomatic of having an
iPhone/iPod charger rather than an iPad charger.

This article makes interesting reading, though -
http://www.macworld.com/article/1150356/ipadcharging.html
- suggesting
that charging the iPad 3 while working it hard can be problematic.

Get your charger and your cable checked. The charger should be 10W. But
you might have to live with it.

Cheers,
Steve

On 15/05/2012 08:30, "Tim" <tim@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi, I know there is a fair bit of Ipad experience here so I thought I'd
>ask a question.  I bought an Ipad 3 (I know I said Never Never Never,
but
>there you go!) and on the whole I have been pretty pleased with it -
>there are some "theological" matters that I have issue with,
but I sort
>of knew that when I made the choice.
>
>I do have a problem with the charger - if I connect it the Ipad shows
>"Not Charging" even though it is - albeit pretty slowly - but
last night
>I got a low battery warning, so plugged it in and continued to watch a
>movie and the thing ran out of gas whilst plugged into the charger -
>surely the charger should be able to keep it awake.  Is this a
"feature"
>I have to live with or is there an issue with the output of my charger
or
>Ipad charging circuits?
>
>TIA
>
>Tim.