From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Rob Iles
Sent: 20 June 2012 02:46
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] New BT Line.

Thank you both for your replies,

*Somebody* is currently paying the bill(s) for the existing live line;
nobody is able to figure out who (and BT quite correctly won't provide me
with details for data protection reasons)....so it looks like I will be
getting a new line. It's good to know what's likely to happen - so thanks
for the info!

I wonder if the existing line has broadband enabled, and if I can
"bond"
the two! 160Mb downstream is very appealing :-)      ......I won't be
testing this - unfair on the person paying the bill -- but very appealing
in theory!

That raises another question.

BT estimate 76Mb down, 20 up, on infinity 2 - fttc.

If I ordered an additional line, with broadband, could they be bonded (ala
ISDN back in the day) to increase bandwidth?

I'll report back post install if anyone is interested?

Thanks again,

Rob

--
Rob Iles
Harmony Automation
<joseph-l@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> **
>

> Hi Rob,
>
> Normally you'd do a working line takeover. This would(/should) only
> fail if the unknown person the line is currently being billed to
objected.

> BT may be using confusing terminology, you may never get to find out
> what they actually end up ordering, but unless there's some clear
> reason to keep the existing line active I would expect the engineer
> that turns up would reuse the existing line and master socket.
> Otherwise (as long as there's a spare pair) I'd expect them to just
> put a new socket adjacent to the existing one using the existing
cabling.

> Joseph
>
> On 17/06/2012 20:09, Rob Iles wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I think this counts as 'on topic'.
> >
> > Have just moved into new (rented) appartment. It's in a listed
> > building - lots of limits on what can / can't be done.
> >
> > No broadband connected. Have spoken to BT as I want an infinity
> > connection. They are going to install a new line& setup BB.
> >
> > However, there's already a "live" BT telephone line
here, being
> > charged
> > person(s) unknown - who I have no contact details for, so I can't
> > add broadband on to existing line.
> >
> > Getting to the point - if they "install a new line", is
that a new