Home Easy remotes

I'm still chasing the dream of controlling my HE devices from the
Arduino.  I've got it working sort of with the cheapo Chinese radio
modules, but understanding the software to send the radio signals is
hard with a capital F.

I found a chap on Instructables
(http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Home-automation/)
who has
simply hacked an old HE remote control, something I can do easily with
my little hammer.

Trouble is, I havn't got one of the small HE300 remotes, and hacking the
bigger ones where the buttons are not dedicated to devices is not really
feasible.  I can buy these remotes on ebay, but it seems only with a
whole bunch of sockets as well and I don't need any more of these.

Does anyone have a spare HE300 lying in a drawer somewhere that they
would like to donate for ritual sacrifice?  Happy to swop for beer
tokens if you have.

Thanks
Martin

Grizelli Associates Limited