Re: OT: Sonos

For Sonos to work, one unit must be connected to your network (and
thus
router) via an ethernet cable. Mains over ethernet units can be used to
achieve this if it isn't practical to have the router next to your
hi-fi. You can also use a ZoneBridge for this purpose, as this is just a
way of extending the mesh wifi coverage of the Sonos system. This frees
up a ZonePlayer to allow it to be used where it is needed.

All other pieces of Sonos equipment (or zones) can be used wirelessly.

The only additional pieces of equipment you will need are: some way to
control the system; Sonos controller, iPod Touch/iPhone, Android Phone
(with the free software download) or a computer running the Sonos
controller software, plus a music source. If you are intending to stream
your own music around your house, you will need either a NAS box or
access to shared drives on a running PC. If you only want to access
streaming internet content such as Last FM, Spotify and Napster, then
this isn't needed, but you will require a paid subscription to all of
the services mentioned to play them through the Sonos (even Last FM).
Deezer is still available free.

HTH
Geoff