RE: Inspiration required - 'cinema' lighting

Hmmm ... not necessarily as if the local illumination above your
seating
position is too bright your eyes will adjust to that plus light will also
reflect around the room so even though you don't have a direct light path
the screen it can make a difference.

There's a good reason why BMW use red LEDs for their night lighting and
that
is that red doesn't screw with your night vision as much as other colours
so
I'm wondering whether you could replace a white LED in a gooseneck LED
light
with a red one would that work?

Phil

task had been
> put
> out to tender ... there was no mention of "aesthetically
pleasing" in
> your
> original RFQ... :-D
>
> Phil

poor man's
> > starfield
> > ceiling kit), but nothing so far. Whatever it is will be
controlled
> by
> > CBUS when the room is 'activated'
> >

> > Can you mimic the BMW idea? Either by using an existing downlight
> hole,
> > or
> > by supporting it off a chair / coffee table etc?
> > Something like this might give a starting point?
> >
> > <
> >
> http://www.electromarket.co.uk/product/LWLED1/Proel+Dual+LED+Gooseneck+
> > USB+Bright+White+Light
> >

> > or
> > <
> > http://www.rapidonline.com/Electronic-Components/USB-LED-Light-with-
> > flexible-gooseneck-200105
> >

> > HTH,
> >
> > Tim.
> >

> > On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> > > Much like the way a BMW has a red light illuminating the
centre
> > console
> > > just enough to see what's what.
> > >
> > > I'd prefer not to break into the insulated ceiling - a
dimmable
> wall
> > light
> > > may be an option, but I'd prefer something more directional
and a
> > > downlight - for example a very weak kitchen cabinet surface
mount
> > light
> > ?

> > Unless stated otherwise above:
> > IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with
> > number
> > 741598.
> > Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth,
Hampshire