Re: Fw: Inspiration required - 'cinema' lighting

Not sure if it's entirely suitable / aesthetically pleasing - but have
you
considered "gaming PC being" - strip(s) of cold cathode (IIRC)
lighting
intended for highlighting pimped-out gaming PC's? (not my style, I must
add!
But possibly suitable if used sparingly.)

On a similar theme, Halfords (last time I visited) had a huge range of
lighting accessories from under-car to interior trim lights, all at
reasonable prices -- perhaps your BMW-esque requirements could be filled
here!

Both options are 12V, so easily manageable.

Just a thought,

R.

--
Rob Iles
Proprietor & Chief Automation Architect
On 11 Oct 2011 20:59, "Gareth Cook" <g@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> **
>

> Surely, if I have a wall light almost directly underneath the
projector,
> that won't affect the light to the screen surely as the light beams
from
> both sources will cross without any problems.
>
> I took out some of the downlights that were near the screen a few
years
> back as they affected the picture, but that was the reflective
destination
> of the projector
>
> I'm right, right ? :-)
>
> Now you see you're changing the "spec" after the original
task had been
> put
> out to tender ... there was no mention of "aesthetically
pleasing" in your
> original RFQ... :-D
>
> Phil

poor man's
> > starfield
> > ceiling kit), but nothing so far. Whatever it is will be
controlled by
> > CBUS when the room is 'activated'
> >

> > Can you mimic the BMW idea? Either by using an existing downlight
hole,
> > or
> > by supporting it off a chair / coffee table etc?
> > Something like this might give a starting point?
> >
> > <
> > http://www.electromarket.co.uk/product/LWLED1/Proel+Dual+LED+Gooseneck+
> > USB+Bright+White+Light
> >

> > or
> > <
> > http://www.rapidonline.com/Electronic-Components/USB-LED-Light-with-
> > flexible-gooseneck-200105
> >

> > HTH,
> >
> > Tim.
> >

> > On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> > > Much like the way a BMW has a red light illuminating the
centre
> > console
> > > just enough to see what's what.
> > >
> > > I'd prefer not to break into the insulated ceiling - a
dimmable wall
> > light
> > > may be an option, but I'd prefer something more directional
and a
> > > downlight - for example a very weak kitchen cabinet surface
mount
> > light
> > ?

> > Unless stated otherwise above:
> > IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with
> > number
> > 741598.
> > Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth,
Hampshire PO6