Re: Anyone using HP Microserver as vmware ESX Server?

>From what I can see the ML100 G5 and G6s are supported

http://www.techhead.co.uk/vmware-esxi-home-lab-why-what-and-how-considerati=
ons-when-building-your-own-home-lab

What version do you have as I am also considering the Ml110

Ben

On 13 Mar 2011, at 21:24, Mark Gardner wrote:

> Make sure any box is supported for ESXi. I have a ML110 that is not
suppo=
rted. Now running MS HyperV on it=20
<yahoogroup@xxxxxxx=
> wrote:
>=20
>> Memory is the only thing I would need and costs =A3100 for 8Gb.
>>=20
>> It is either that or the ML110 but those are more expensive
>>=20
>> Ben
>>=20
>>=20
>> On 13 Mar 2011, at 21:16, Rob Iles wrote:
>>=20
>>> Hi,
>>>=20
>>> First, I've not used one of those! However, at =A3199, AND
=A3100 cashb=
ack, it
>>> seems like a very cheap system!
>>>=20
>>> I'd expect to have to add disk space (250GB supplied) and Ram
(1GB
>>> Standard).....worth checking prices first.
>>>=20
>>> I recently tried ESXi Server for the first time.....seemed to
run very
>>> smoothly (Win7, Ubuntu10, Win Server 2003 & Win Server
2008) on a fairl=
y old
>>> dual-core intel box with 6GB Ram.
>>>=20
>>> Alas, something went bang, magic smoke escaped, and I've not
yet source=
d a
>>> replacement to continue testing.
>>>=20
>>> One thing I was disappointed with - - and this is probably
showing my
>>> ignorance - - I expected to be able to attach a keyboard,
mouse & monit=
or to
>>> the ESXi Server, and "use" on / more of the OS's it
hosted.  Couldn't d=
o so
>>> - had to RDP/VNC into the guest OS's for any interaction.  Not
a *huge*
>>> problem, but would have been nice not to need another
pc/laptop as a
>>> "client".   (If I missed something obvious, and it
is possible, I'd lov=
e to
>>> know how!).
>>>=20