RE: Re: >2TB disks on WHS

I may be a little confused but although 32bit whsv1 will run on a
64bit capable processor...

From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
noughtomate
Sent: 08 March 2011 13:49
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: >2TB disks on WHS

Thanks all.

So am I correct in saying that all paths up to the disk have to support
64-bit ? Processor -> OS -> RAID card ?

It sounds like I'm indeed stuck if WHS (v1) is limited to 32 bit.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx<mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>,
Phil Harris <phil@...> wrote:

> The problem isn't 2tb drives - the problem is 3tb drives which have
more blocks than can be addressed using the current addressing scheme and
so come up as 2.3tb if you're unlucky...

> Phil
>
> Sent from another bloody fruit-based portable device...
>
> On 7 Mar 2011, at 17:53, Tom Lawrence <tom@...> wrote:
>
> > The jumper works, if you sent the jumper before format it will
not use the new technology on these new drives.