RE: Re: Solar PV ?

Peter,

After my installer has been talking to the SMA support guys, it transpires
=
that the RS485 card only works with their webbox (=A3350!) and not with
the=
ir Sunny Explorer software. I'm not convinced that's necessarily true but
p=
robably safe to say it certainly wouldn't be the "plug and play"
solution I=
'd envisaged.

Anyway, given this new piece of information I'm back to having to make do
w=
ith Bluetooth like yourself. My server is probably only about 7M away from
=
where the inverter will be so I'm pretty confident I would be abler to get
=
away with using a simple passive USB/Cat5 extender to get the receiver
into=
the same cellar as the inverter (i.e. within line of sight).

When you say that Sunny Explorer is "flakey" what do you mean ?
Does it cra=
sh or just loose connection, if it crashes then that's probably easier to
a=
utomate a solution for.

Marcus