From: "Marcus Warrington" <marcus.warrington@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 10:06 AM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Solar PV ?

Stewart,

I looked at the micro inverters but the cost (for me) was prohibitive. 21
panels each with its own micro inverter worked out around £4000 , the
cost
of a single 3 string, transformerless SMA inverter was more like
£1600.  I
was looking at the SolarPV as an investment so the bottom line was not how
efficient things would be but how much profit they would earn me over 25
years. I don't believe the micro inverters could ever earn me back enough
in
the 25 year period to pay for the cost differential. Of course if I was
only
having a few panels then it may work out differentially, e.g a 1.2Kwh array
of 240W panels would only need 5 micro inverters so may well even have a
smaller capital cost than buying a single central inverter.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums