From: "Simon Haslam" <simon_haslam@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:18 AM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Further to my ADSL Faceplate Question

I hadn't thought of that before - a quick Google wasn't very instructive,
though does show the ADSL frequencies as:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asymmetric_Digital_Subscriber_Line
With standard ADSL (annex A), the band from 26.000 kHz to 137.825 kHz is
used for upstream communication, while 138 kHz â?? 1104 kHz is used
for
downstream communication.

whereas CAT5E/5 runs at 100/250MHz I think which is quite a lot higher up
the spectrum.

Just in case you don't have mains where the ADSL master socket it I wonder
if there's any benefit in using a screened cable for the ADSL signal to
node
0? Also it is nice having everything together for testing and, because many
ADSL routers are multi-function, may be more energy efficient.

Just a thought,

Simon