Re: Web page help please

Thanks for all the replies, some form of "re-writing" seems
to be the
ticket.
As to why, well it is just for a few pages and some of them I don't want to
be public-facing - nothing secret, just links & info for my benefit
rather
than anyone else's.

Thanks again,

Tim.

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 7:57 PM, Alex Monaghan <ha@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Often people will use a CMS (Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal and such like),
> these
> will usually have extensions to give you more control over URL's which
will
> give you the effect you want.
>
> Assuming you are using an Apache based server you can use the rewrite
> module
> which is usually configured per site in .htaccess should you wish to
> manually rewrite URL's.
>
> Unless it is just a few pages, then a CMS is often the easiest option.
> use
> mostly Drupal and the rewrite module allows you to specify an complete
> alternative path for each content item you create as an extra box in
the
> page editor.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums