Re: Re: Tivo

Surely the days of the installer being able to add you a few channels
should have gone with the passing of analogue cable ... even using a
dreambox is getting to be more hassle than it's worth for all but the most
ardent skinflint.

Using cablemodems from other areas seems to be one way of getting freebie
internet access (as the modem isn't registered on the local network) and
there are a few other ways (they always say that the people who know the
best places for drugs are the police and that applies to other industries
too)...

Phil

On 8 Feb 2011, at 05:26, domdevitto wrote:

> Trust me Tim,
>
> Those days are almost completely gone.... :-)
>
> Dom
>
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Tim" <tim@...> wrote:
>>

>> I wouldn't despair just yet - Unlike Sky, VM employees -
especially install engineers seem to have a penchant for
"augmenting" their earning power by assisting with aftermarket
"adjustments" etc.  I know quite a few people who have had a
decade of Max VM stuff (movies, Pay per view etc) with just a minimum
subscription - There will probbaly be a backdoor into the system and then
the revenue generation potential begins!