RE: cbus zone/scene confusion

I must admit I find scenes easy
BUT and it is a big BUT
It is a lot easier if you have Colour Touch, or PAC, or Homegate

With these you can add scenes without the memory problems you get by using
the scenes within individual modules.

So You can just add a load of groups to a scene
Then adjust the levels to whatever you want ( either live or from direct
input i.e. 10%)
Once you are happy you save this
You can then recall the scene easily via Colour Touch, or PAC, or Homegate
Or you can recall the scene via a trigger command if you have stored the
scene on a module.
Just like a lighting application command but a trigger application command

A preset level on a single trigger command can fire a scene

So you could have 255 scenes being fired , que'd, selected, by one trigger
group

Hope this helps

Bit of history
I believe the original idea of scenes were that they were stored over all
the individual modules.
So if you lost a module you only lost the lights that module was
controlling ( remember the original concept of Cbus was no Central
Controller!!)
And hence the need for trigger groups
If you could have scenes spread over lots of modules
You need a single command to trigger that scene i.e. a trigger!!

Hope this helps
Mike