Re: cbus zone/scene confusion

Starting to get there.

So currently I have 10 zones in the kitchen. All wired into separate cbus
channels. So I have the individual control if and when needed.
I also seem to be able to 'group' those zones into further groups, that can
be controlled as one.

Using scenes seems to use lots of memory as well. I am trying to ensure I
dont run into issues later down the line.

I will also take a look at areas.

I have found this. Will be reading tonight - http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439

Ben

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Paul Gordon <paul_gordon@...> wrote:

> I'm no expert... I too struggle to understand trigger group
functionality (I
> *think* I understand the concept at a high-level!)
>
> I would summarise groups as the lowest level of "controllable
unit" in CBUS,
> - i.e. what you actually switch on & off to control loads as a
single
> entity.... so you *could* put all 10 of your kitchen loads into the
same
> single group if you wanted to, - so long as you understand that you
would
> then only ever be able to control all 10 loads as a single switchable
> entity... - all 10 on, or all 10 off etc... - there would be no
possibility
> of individually switching (say) half of those loads separately... -
I'm
> guessing that probably isn't what you want, if, like in my case, you
have
> separate sets of lights such as ceiling downlighters, under-cupboard
lights,
> accent lights, pantry lights, cooker hood lights and so on... I want
> retain the ability to control those sets of loads individually, and so
they
> are configured as separate CBUS groups.
>
> Scenes are (IMHO) the "proper" way to then control all those
separate groups
> as a single entity if & when you need to... think of it like a
macro... So
> as you have done, a scene is then an ideal way to implement an all off
> "macro" - note that there is another level at which you
*could* achieve the
-