RE: Tivo

Charles,

I hope they don=92t give up on TiVo Series 1=85 Still have one with a
lifet=
ime
subscription. Not using it today as we only have Freeview, no analogue in
North Cornwall, and haven=92t got round to setting up properly as we
don=92=
have a fixed line and updates didn=92t work with the 2.5G dongle.

Like you we don=92t have Mains anything, except electricity, we are to far
=
out
(14Km) even to have ADSL . Now using =913=92 3.5G Mobile BB and the
updates=
are
working again=85.

Have been using an old Xbox with XBMC to watch TiVo in the different rooms.
Quality is not great compared with what is available today but the ease of
use makes up for lack of HD.

Now that we have HD Freeview available it would seem I should go for
something like mythTV as the backend with some dedicated H/W for the
frontend, the old Xbox was (is) good for SWMBO approval.

Nigel