Re: was Introductory Message - now MythTV

Mark,

No, the A17HG seems to be the replacement for the one I bought. A quick
google shows that it works fine, but it does need manual patching to get it
to work.
Mine was a "KWorld Dual DVB-T 399U", which worked straight out of
the box o=
MythBuntu 10.4.

They don't seem to sell it anymore, but on eBay item number: 350436395158.
It's a BIN for =A329 delivered. (No connection... etc)
I think I'm going to order myself a spare :)

Stuart,

Yes, the 399U does just deliver TWO transport streams to MythTV, which can
now pull the programme streams out of the transport stream and record them
as seperate programmes, so for instance you can record both BBC1 and BBC2
off the same mux and only use one of the two tuners.
There is a parameter in Myth that lets you set the maximum number of PS's
t=
pull from a TS, so you can finetune it how much CPU you have and how fast
your disks are. That said you have to be careful near the limit as some
PS'=
have much higher bit rates that others and allow CPU/drive for watching a
programme at the same time and/or possibly streaming another programme over
the lan if someone else in the house is watching on a laptop.

My Revo 3600 regularly records two PS from TS at a time, and I think it's
best is recording five programs at once from two tuners...
That said, I may have to play with it tonight and see how many it can take
before it starts to stutter... :)

Cheers,
Lee

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums