was Introductory Message - now MythTV

  • Subject: was Introductory Message - now MythTV
  • From: Vargster <vargster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 11:23:12 +0000

 > Anyway, I'm also running MythTV, with Acer Aspire Revos as
frontends
> and backends. It really does work *very* well, and doesn't take much
of
> my time now it's all setup.

Ian/everyone,

I'm also running MythTV (well MythBuntu) on a Revo, but as a combined
frontend/backend.
As you say, it is fantastic, it worked first time straight off the install
CD, (unlike my first attempt 4 years ago, which worked great but only after
six weeks of tinkering practically every night with it).

I just have two outstanding niggles -

1) The audio is sent over the HDMI cable with the video, but there is a
slight background audio hiss, that can be heard when the soundtrack is
quiet. It's not there when the TV uses it's internal FreeView tuner, so I
don't think it should be there on Myths FV tuners either. And it's there
when Myth plays (non-FV) video files, which play fine on my laptop. So it
would seem to be coming from the Revo or the software on the Revo?

2) Very occasionally, when I press the BACK button of the remote, to stop
watching a program and jump back to the menu, MythFrontend crashes/aborts
and I'm dumped back to the desktop. Not a showstopper as I can just restart
it and everythings fine, just annoying.

Do you have these issues? Or any ideas how to fix them? I've spent a good
while searching, but no-one else seems to have these issues.

Lee

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums