RE: was Introductory Message - now MythTV

Hello,

I too am experimenting with MythTV having, like Lee, abandoned it about
4 years ago :-)

I have recently installed MythBuntu, and mine also worked out of the
box, with a couple of exceptions. I have subsequently installed a full
Ubuntu 10.10 and MythTV on top in a BE/FE config. The problems I had
with MythBuntu persist in the new build too. I don't initially intend to
watch anything through the front end (the box is physically in a
cupboard!) but am using it for testing purposes. I intend to watch
recorded material through other means, mainly XBMC. So mine will really
be just a BE in due course.

I have Myth running on Ubuntu Desktop 10.10 64bit on a Revo 3610, with
for now just one USB DVB-T tuner, EIT is used for EPG data. More tuners
are planned once I get it working properly.

The main niggle I have is that the EPG does not get populated with data
for a number of channels, notably ITV and Channel 4 and their
derivatives.  Anyone else seen this?

Re Lee's issues,
1) before the box went into a cupboard I did have it hooked up to a LCD
TV over HDMI - I didn't notice the audio hiss.
2) I have had one crash. I can't remember the exact circumstances but it
was also when BACKing out of an operation. Myth didn't strictly crash,
it just hung. Full reboot of the box seemed to be the only way out for
me (probably because I know diddly squat about Linux :-))

For those running Myth successfully, is there a definitive config guide
that you could perhaps point us all at? Naturally I have googled and
found loads of good stuff and am still working through some of it, but a
definitive config guide would be great!

Cheers
MArk