Re: Brightlightz led GU10s

  • Subject: Re: Brightlightz led GU10s
  • From: "ian" <ianh1000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 06:57:30 -0000

Hi Peter,

I bought a set of 5 at early ths year and 2 failed within a couple of
weeks. They told me this was rare! I posted them back but they said they
never arrived, luckily I was able to claim from the royal Mail.

I since bought 2 dimmable parts but they make so much noise that they kill
X10 signals for my entire house.

Pretty dissapointing!

Regards
Ian

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Peter + Jane <pandj.munnoch@...> wrote:

> Hi
> I posted earlier this year re above...I had bought a lot of them and
> was initially impressed.
> Update is that the failure rate is horrendous. They have replaced
> some in response to my complaints. I have 18 off 3W ones seem ok but
> of 22 off 4W ones, 16 have failed within a year, 12 of which have
> been replaced, but even the replacements fail, one lasted less than 5
> minutes. Currently 4 more are dead.
> I am embarassed to have even suggested them.
> Has anyone else had similar experience?
> Rgds
> Peter

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums