Re: {Disarmed} New Remote Controlled Thermostatic Electronic Radiator Valve

Hi all,
I might be having a real thick here (more than likely!)) - I'm no plumber,
=
not even allowed after the 'christmas eve incident' - i digress=85

Our heating system has one central thermostat in the hallway that governs
i=
f the boiler is active or not. There is also a timer to set the thing to
co=
me on and go off at two times during the day or there is a manual override
=
to just turn it on or keep it off.

When its running - its the single thermostat that actually governs the
heat=
ing. My question being - if we had these fitted to the radiators do I need
=
to just turn up the thermostat to its highest temperature to effectively
na=
il it on? If I do that - what stops the boiler from just burning more fuel
=
as it doesn't think its getting the house up to temperature? Doesn't sound
=
like a saving there to me=85 but as I said - I'm no plumber - or heating
ex=
pert :-)

Thanks=20
Wayne.=20

On 15 Aug 2011, at 19:15, Vargster wrote:

> Neil,
>=20
> Yes, I was just thinking the same thing. If you have an old boiler,
you m=
ay
> be able to save the large percentages they claim, but when a
condensing
> boiler starts modulating (due to higher returning water temperature),
the
> efficiency drops badly, probably wiping out most/all of the headline
> 'savings' made by the TRVs. I deliberately undersized my new boiler so
it
> runs at full tilt more of the time...
>=20
> Lee
>=20
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Neil Spellings
<lists2@xxxxxxx>wro=
te: