RE: Re: Solar PV ?

Hi Craig,

Mine was installed nearly 2 weeks ago, and has been up and running since
midday on Wednesday 27th. Generation started off really well as the weather
was nice and sunny for the first few days (while we were at the Cambridge
Folk Festival!), but this last week became very cloudy and rainy (with
thunderstorms) so its decreased a little. So far in the past 13days its
produced 133KWh of electricity so looking good.

I'm currently setting up an automated upload of my generation figures to http://www.pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=3777
using PVBeanCounter but its still not fully automated/reliable yet as I'm
finding the Bluetooth range a bit flaky. I need to get my installer to
increase its volume or get them to fit the RS485 module.

My inverter has gone in the cellar, so my installers ended up running 6 (2
per string) x 6mm DC cables (approx 25M each) from the back roof to the
front cellar. They did a really neat job running the cables through the
roof slates into the back attic then through the wall into the floor void
of the back attic , along the width of the wall and then back out on to the
outside wall before dropping down the wall in a couple of black conduits.
The wires then back through the wall external wall into the rear cellar and
then through to the front cellar. It took one of the guys about three
quarters of a day just to get all that cabling routed and through the
conduits!

I have to say JSC did a great job and I'm very pleased with the install. Of
all the companies that came around they were the only ones that weren't
salesmen and actually went on the roof to check it would take the weight
etc. I'm now getting them to quote for a solar heating array to go on the
other roof. Since we have a combi-boiler this we mean installing a unvented
tank and using a diverter valve so it will supply hot water directly to the
taps if hot enough or preheated water for the boiler if not.

I'll try and get some photos of the install posted on PVOutput later
tonight.

Marcus