Re: Microsoft.NET Gadgeteer - could be fun

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Vargster <vargster@...> wrote:

> Is it just me or does this just seem like they're jumping on the
bandwagon
> after Googles effort?
>
> Lee

It's just you Lee ;)

Microsoft have been pushing the .net micro framework as a home
robotics/experimentation interface for quite a while - this is just the
latest refresh.

I have one of the original .netMF developer boards here, which I got back
in 2007 - this one: http://preview.tinyurl.com/3rsxblv

Problem was, Digi didn't implement a bunch of stuff, and it rendered the
thing basically useless - then pulled it because of poor sales (hardly
surprising, because word got out about the poor feature set!)

This seems to be the latest attempt to kick start the .net framework as a
micro platform...

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums