Re: X10 LD11 Incandescent bulbs phased out.. Halogen Bayonet bulbs OK?

Phil I have to agree with you there. I still guard my collection of
100W
bulbs.

On 3 August 2011 19:05, Phil Harris <phil@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Though I see even halogens are being targeted for extermination
by 2016=
:

> http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/blog/climate/eu-ban-inefficient-light-bulbs-=
eve
> ntually-sort-20081212
>
> Bloody greenpeace won't be happy till we're squatting in caves trying
> cook lentils and cous cous over a fire of dried cowsh*t with our only
> source
> of light being that from a small gaslamp made by shoving an old
McDonalds
> drinking straw (only allowed because the feckin' things won't
decompose
> naturally) up the rectum of the communal cow and lighting it...
>
> Now - pass me my car keys ... I feel like leaving my 900w baseline
draw (=
in
> a one bedroom flat) to simmer for a while whilst I go convert some
> overpriced Dino-Juice into excessive quantities of socially
unacceptable
> noise and hope one day to be stood at the gates of Hell with St. Nick
> walking towards me with a pineapple and a French Maids outfit!
>
> If I hear one more uneducated moronic buffoon lecture me about my
"Carbon
> Footprint" - especially about offsetting my carbon emissions then
I may
> well
> plant my activated carbon insoled boot somewhere where James Herriot
migh=
> (on a different animal) shove his arm...
>
> Mutter mutter mutter...
>
> Phil

--=20
"Children and young people need to be empowered to keep themselves
safe =96
this isn=92t just about a top-down approach. Children will be children =96
pushing boundaries and taking risks. At a public swimming pool we have
gates, put up signs, have lifeguards and shallow ends, but we also teach
children how to swim." - Dr Tanya Byron (The Report of the Byron
Review)

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums