RE: Useful Gadget of the Week: USB to 4 RS-232 Serial Ports

  • Subject: RE: Useful Gadget of the Week: USB to 4 RS-232 Serial Ports
  • From: jimf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 10:38:07 +0100

=20

I found that particular 4 port chipset (prolific) to be unreliable
in use.. and have moved to the FTDI chipset.
the issues I had were, that it went to sleep, dropped off the PC
port list, and missed some incoming serial data.
(on a test estate of 8 stores with 1 in each - connected to medical
equipment).=20

if anyone wants a FREE 4-port of the one shown in the post, let me
know, I think I have 2 left - (just pay the postage)=20=20

(offlist please, first 2 to reply get them)
On Wed 03/08/11 10:14 AM , Paul Gale groups2@xxxxxxx sent:
Ooh, thanks for that Mark - interesting gadget :) especially for
virtual servers.
Paul.