Solid state relays - how to use them?

  • Subject: Solid state relays - how to use them?
  • From: "bifferos" <bifferos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 16:48:12 -0000

Sorry if this has been covered before here, but I'm looking for a mounting
box for a single SSR.  The SSRs I've got are the standard 4-terminal type
by Crydom with two screw holes for control, and two for power.  I don't
want to get a DIN rail as that would be too expensive for home use (and I
need quite a few of them in different places).  So I think I'm looking for
metal box, with live, neutral, GND in one side, live neutral GND out the
other, and a control connection in the middle and somewhere to mount the
relay.  I guess a metal box would be good enough to dissipate the heat and
I wouldn't need a heatsink for most applications?

I know I can just buy a metal box and make something up, and indeed that's
what I did last time I needed this, but that was for work use and I'd like
something that looks a bit more professional, in particular so it gets past
a building control inspector!

A lengthy Google reveals nothing appropriate, perhaps I just haven't been
using the right search terms :-(.

thanks for any advice,
Biff.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums