BT HomeHub Networking Woes

Hi all,

I've changed my router to a BT HomeHub V2 and now can't see the same shared
drives I used to. All PCs can access the internet no problem but the
previous "\\computername\shared folder\" shares don't work.

Recreating with IP addresses works but since laptops can be wired and
wireless, I don't want two separate shares.

What could be wrong? I did notice when pinging machines that
".home" was
being appended - I don't remember this happening with the old router. All
PCs have a workgroup domain of "WORKGROUP" and there's no flashy
domain
controller as such, just a group of PCs that used to be able to share
drives
between them. All PCs are XP-based if that makes a difference.

I'm pretty sure that the change of router is the cause of the problems, but
how do I fix it / what setting/s (and where) do I need to change?

TIA,

Tim.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums