Fw: OT: Offline data storage providers

  • Subject: Fw: OT: Offline data storage providers
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 11:12:15 +0100

Correct - UNC backup is fine. Mozy refuses to allow you to backup any
UNC
or mapped shares.

> The only downside might be is that to back up a NAS you have to have
their client running on a machine that does the
> backup.  I haven't found (or looked to see!) a way of backing up
directly from the NAS. Was that your question??!

You can always backup the NAS from another machine via a UNC or share - or
was that not what you meant?

They also have a Mac and Linux (needs desktop) client too.

Paul.