From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Dave McLaughlin
Sent: 10 September 2010 18:57
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] 24/7 versus limited on and off time for water heating

Hi all,

Anyone have any real data that says that keeping your immersion water
heater
on all day is more wasteful of energy than say, switching it on in the
morning and then the evening for showers etc.

The apartment I live in, the hot water is only available in the bathrooms
for shower and sink. The kitchen only has a cold water feed.

Would it be considerably cheaper to switch it on in the morning for say 2
hours to heat the water and then off until about 8pm in the evening?

I was looking to build a timer circuit (with HA interface to Homeseer via a
wireless link to allow me to control it and be able to switch it on if we
wanted hot water during the day)

The thermostat is set low anyway to about 60 deg C as we don't really need
very hot water here.

Cheers,

Dave...
---
Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes!!!
---
<http://www.embeddedcomputer.co.uk/>
http://www.axoninstruments.biz
---