Re: Cloud backup/archiving?

It works, I suppose...

I have it running automatically at night on my HTPC. I use WebDAV now,
which seems to be much faster (FTP with SyncBackSE took four days (!) to
upload, partly due to my very unnsymmetrical ADSL; afterwards the
incremental backup was rather slow as well).

I suppose nightly backup is a bit of an overkill, but I wanted to test it
some more and checking the results of scheduled backup if it is done once a
week doe not make much sense.

Anyway, there are not many good WebDAV backup clients - if you know some, I
will be happy to test them. The best I could find was DeltaCopy (in fact,
OnlineStorageSolution suggests it, which I only found out later). Still,
the reporting and logging is a bit limited, especially for scheduled
backups (I have not tried out the email reporting, though).

As I did not need (luckily!) to restore anything yet, all I can do is to
periodically check the DeltaCopy reports and the storage for my newest
modified files. Every time I look they are there (of course, I download
them to check the contents), so for now I am satisfied. But if there were
some outages, I would not know really...

I guess I will turn the email reporting at least for failed operations,
just in case. The online archive is my last resort (after local backup and
network drive), so I hope not to use it at all, but if it fails I would
find out at the worst possible moment!

Jarek

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums