1-wire plug-in appliance switch?

  • Subject: 1-wire plug-in appliance switch?
  • From: "simon_haslam" <simon_haslam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 18:20:34 -0000

Here's a question someone might know off the top of their head... does
anyone make a 1-wire controlled plug-in appliance switch?

I'm looking for something like this Marmitek AM12U X10 plug-in
appliance/switch but for 1-wire?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marmitek-AM12U-appliance-switch-module/dp/B000MBK4OE

I've found a little electronic project description here:
http://electronicdesign.com/article/components/drive-a-relay-using-a-1-wire-addressable-switch725.aspx
and circuit diagram here:
http://archive.electronicdesign.com/files/29/7258/figure_01.gif

This is interesting as it appears to use an auxiliary 24V power supply
which you run on the 1-wire cable, which saves having to have a small PSU
just to power the relay.

However, I'd obviously sooner buy an off-the-shelf product. The controlled
load is actually a zone valve (a few W) but I'm sure I'd find other higher
current uses for such a module.

Simon

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums