RE: New WiFi AP recommendation

I don't have/use Linux, so that's not a problem... don't have a mac
either,
so this isn't something I'd actually thought about or looked at, but the
airport extreme does actually look like quite a good solution for my PC
only, plus ipad/pod/phone devices... (which are increasingly almost the
only
devices I now use the WiFi for...)

Anyone know if the hard disk sharing works with these? - is there an
"app
for that" as they say?... :-)  (I don't currently have a mobile-me
subscription, and hadn't planned on getting one).

The other worry I have, is that in typical Apple fashion, it will all work
perfectly, and completely reliably, but will do so in the way that
"Steve"
thinks it should work, which may not necessarily correlate to how *I* want
it to work, and it will be the devils own job to get at the advanced
settings to configure things "just so"...

It makes a point about other devices "making you do all the work"
- but at
least that means every aspect is configurable how I want it... - so anyone
care to comment about what level of control the setup utility provides? -
can I tweak the firewall settings for instance?

Cheers.

Paul G.