Re: New WiFi AP recommendation

On 10 Nov 2010, at 12:53, Steve Morgan <steve@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Paul,
>
> After a long history of WAPs that end up causing trouble, I've been
very
> happy so far with my Apple Airport Extreme. Works great with PCs as
well
> as Macs, obviously. If you have a Mac, you can also connect a USB disk
> for wireless backup using Time Machine.

Actually, the only complaint I have about mine is that the airport disk
feature is slow and not very reliably (needs the occasional reboot). If you
want to do that, I'd recommend just buying a Time Capsule in the first
place.

The apple store has refurb units of both sorts at a fairly good (for apple
gear) discount...

Jim

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums