Re: New WiFi AP recommendation

  Paul,

After a long history of WAPs that end up causing trouble, I've been very
happy so far with my Apple Airport Extreme. Works great with PCs as well
as Macs, obviously. If you have a Mac, you can also connect a USB disk
for wireless backup using Time Machine.

Cheers,
Steve

On 10/11/2010 11:29, Paul Gordon wrote:
> Looks like my Netgear AP is giving up the ghost.... frequent
outages&
> dropouts now... so I need to replace it... - looking for
recommendations for
> a standalone WiFi AP - ideally something more reliable -
"enterprise grade"

> Note I don't want to use the embedded WiFi on my router, since part of
my
> wireless security (and power saving) strategy is to remotely turn the
AP off
> when the house is unoccupied (currently by X10 from Comfort), so it
has to
> be standalone.. - obviously this also gives better flexibility with
> positioning...
>

> I've always been impressed with the Draytek range of cable routers,
and I
> see they do a standalone AP... - anyone ever seen/used one (AP700 I
think
> it's called), - got any opinions?
>

> Alternatively, anyone got any suggestions for a really reliable AP? -
how
> are Cisco these days?
>

> Cheers.
>

> Paul G.