Re: SONOS Radio Station question

  • Subject: Re: SONOS Radio Station question
  • From: "mwgardner2000" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 08:28:53 -0000

Hi Keith,

Perhaps this has changed since you last looked, but SONOS now uses
www.radiotime.com for access to radio stations. So, if you can find your
stations there, then SONOS will play them.

I gather RadioTime are reasonably responsive and will add additional
stations on request. Although have not tried myself.

SONOS does still allow specific streams to be added manually, providing you
know the URL of the stream.

Cheers
Mark

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Keith Doxey" <ukha@...> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> Could someone who has a SONOS system please see if the following radio
> stations are still available via Sonos
>

> For the last couple of years I have happily been listening on my
laptop to
> quite a few CBS radio stations from the states but this week CBS
blocked
> streaming to non US based listeners....
>

> http://textpattern.kurthanson.com/articles/903/rain-310-tomorrow-cbs-turns-o
> ff-all-streaming-outside-us
>

> .... is someone knows of a proxy server that I could bounce though in
the US
> and details of how I can set my PC up to only use the proxy as needed
> would be extremely grateful.
>

> I know that SONOS *could* receive the stations as I have used them as
a test
> when setting up a system for someone but I no longer have access to
that
> system. If SONOS can still receive those stations then I might have to
> invest in one if I cant get the PC working again.
>

> The some of stations concerned are
>

> K-Earth 101 KRTH
>
> K-Earth Classics KRTH HD2
>
> 94.5 KOOL FM