From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Ian Oliver
Sent: 11 March 2010 11:52
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Acer Revo 3600's for =A3130 inc VAT

In article <hn5u3i+e56b@xxxxxxx>, Jay Roche wrote:
> However I seemed to remember were mentioned in the thread to cope
> well enough for some media playback.

Some media playback?  I tested mine by playing the 1920x1080 version of=20
Big Buck Bunny and it didn't even break into a sweat!  So, I then=20
bought five more, one of them an R3610, and have built a spiffy mythtv=20
system.

I've slapped four Hauppauge Nova-T USB DVB-T tuners on the backend, but=20
even when going mad, we've only seen it using three at once to record=20
seven channels. :-)

Some say that you need 2GB of DDR, which enables 512MB of video memory,=20
which is supposed to be needed for VDPAU. I saw no issues without it,=20
but have spent the extra =A312 per box anyway.

I've also got some =A312 each USB Ir remotes from ebay, and have put the=20
codes into our MX-500s, which all works fine, including S3=20
suspend/resume from the remote.

I'm planning to flog the wifi cards and 160GB drives at some point, but=20
inertia is delaying things.

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire