Re: Acer Revo 3600's for £130 inc VAT

  • Subject: Re: Acer Revo 3600's for £130 inc VAT
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 11:52:12 GMT

In article <hn5u3i+e56b@xxxxxxx>, Jay Roche wrote:
> However I seemed to remember were mentioned in the thread to cope
> well enough for some media playback.

Some media playback?  I tested mine by playing the 1920x1080 version of
Big Buck Bunny and it didn't even break into a sweat!  So, I then
bought five more, one of them an R3610, and have built a spiffy mythtv
system.

I've slapped four Hauppauge Nova-T USB DVB-T tuners on the backend, but
even when going mad, we've only seen it using three at once to record
seven channels. :-)

Some say that you need 2GB of DDR, which enables 512MB of video memory,
which is supposed to be needed for VDPAU. I saw no issues without it,
but have spent the extra £12 per box anyway.

I've also got some £12 each USB Ir remotes from ebay, and have put the
codes into our MX-500s, which all works fine, including S3
suspend/resume from the remote.

I'm planning to flog the wifi cards and 160GB drives at some point, but
inertia is delaying things.

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums