hiNew Member

Hi

Just a quick one to say hello, I'm Ian and I'm currently
renovating/updating my home and adding in automation, where I can

So far I've been able to install a number of IR touch dimmer switches and
with a Logitech Harmony One remote, set up control for them for a single
handset.  I've been able to set up sequences that change the lighting when,
for example I select 'Watch Movie - Night', where it sets up all my AV
equipment and also turn the lighting off

I also have powerline ethernet, wifi and a number of wifi devices, such as
printers, internet radio, iPod, games console, laptops etc.  I've also been
able to stream music from free services through to my internet radio
through some nice simple 'hacks' and use my iPod touch to also control a
number of devices

I'm interested in whether you can get programmable sockets/switches, which
can also be controlled via the web.  As I am away on business I'd like to
be able to program and control aspects of the house so that you still get
the 'lived in look'

Anyway, that's me and I hope that I can get more ideas from all of you and
help where I'm able

Kind regards

IAN

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums