Re: [OT] Help - failed Iomega Home Network

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Help - failed Iomega Home Network
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:00:27 +0100

In article
<AANLkTimsC1Q6pBf0xbOcL52SrXoXr4Oymh7bIb1IMCPt@xxxxxxx>,
Jonathan Farmer wrote:
> I'm a bit lost with this Linux lark and as I'm in Halifax I would be
really
> grateful if I could bring it round for you to have a look at.

There is undoubtedly a learning curve involved, and this isn't something
you
want to do when you're precious data is at risk.

In no-one closer can help you out, my office is in Leeds city centre about
five mins from the M621 and M62, and I live about five miles north. I have
plenty of Linux boxes in both locations. Please drop me an email off list
we
can sort something out. Of course, we'll need something to drop your data
onto, either another hard disk or some DVDs depending on size. I have some
really old sub-100G drives around if you don't have anything else but they
are IDE.

I wonder why your Iomega gizmo isn't booting? Do they have any kind of
serial
diagnostic port? Is there a user forum around?

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums