Re: Light switch status

Martyn Wendon wrote:

> I can live with the lack of devices, at this stage I only really need
> on/off
> light switches and on/off/dim light switches, as other needs are taken
> care
> of by HomeEasy / X10.
>
> Will OpenZWave be a pre-cursor to a new xPLZWave?
>
> I'm in no rush, but would be happy to pick up some Z-Wave kit in the
> meantime and assist with testing if appropriate?

OpenZWave will hopefully be the basis of many Z-Wave programs, but yes,
a new xPLZWave is one of them.  In fact, the project grew out of my
rewrite of xPLZWave.  I had a lot of help from LinuxMCE, and I decided
that open-sourcing the Z-Wave side of things would be the best way to
give something back.

Try http://www.letsautomate.co.uk for
UK Z-Wave gear.  Get the Aeon Labs
Z-Stick for your PC interface rather than the ACT one (which seems to
have some compatibility issues).

And get yourself over to the OpenZWave Google group for updates on our
progress
http://groups.google.com/group/openzwave

Mal

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums