Re: Light switch status

Martyn Wendon wrote:
> None of the HomeEasy kit supports "status" so if a
lightswitch is controlled
> locally the PC doesn't know that fact and this is presenting me with
some
> challenges, particularly as if I send an "On" command to a
lightswitch that
> is already on, it goes into a dimming cycle....

You can get around the dimming cycle thing by having the PC send
"group"
on/off commands to the device, rather than the usual unit code.  It's
the kind of command sent by the keyfob controllers - you'll notice that
repeated on commands from one of those doesn't start the cycle.

This is something we support in xPL - I can't speak for other HA
software though.

Mal
www.xplmonkey.com

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums