Re: Mythtv - bit the bullet

Ian, you can map myth to use a kbd and mouse, its detailed on the myth
wiki=
,
although many do prefer the lirc method.

Alex, I have a nova-s card and have it configured to dump the stream to the
cpu for decoding, allowing me to use it for BBCHD etc,
The EPG data on freesat is only now and next, the guide data is on another
transport and requires a lot of work to scrape it. Its easier to go the
XMLTV route from the radio times website (full 7 days).

I used this guide to get myself started,
http://parker1.co.uk/mythtv_freesat.php.

2010/1/18 Alex Monaghan <ha@xxxxxxx>

> Any good resources on Myth & FreeSat?
>
> I've got a box (AMD dual core 4.2GHz) in the living room with a pair
of
> DVB-S2 cards, with MythBuntu on the 2nd HDD, I got it seeing the DVB
card=
> but was unable to get the guide to load, either using the on-air data
or
> XMLTV so had to quickly bung on a copy of Win 7 and use the
mediacenter s=
> as not to get murdered by the kids / wife at Christmas time.
>
> Myth worked with the MCE compatible remote that came with a WinTV-HVR
car=
> last year.
>
> Any suggestions greatly received as the Windows solution is not great
and
> is
> quite unreliable choosing to trash the HDMI sound after a few hours
needi=
ng
> a reboot.
>
> Alex

lac=
> of tuners is my issue as my current box has three :)
> But I noticed in the current Maplin (yes, yes, I know) catalogue that
the=
> are doing a Dual freeview USB tunes for =C2=A325.
> There's no Linux compatitbility info on there, but it's be worth a go
as
> Maplin have a 14 day refund policy.
> I'm currently using an old V1 MCE remote, which works fine, but that
won'=
> help you as it's years old...
>
> Lee
>
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Ian Oliver
<lists@xxxxxxx<lists%4=
0foxhill.co.uk>>
> wrote:
>

> > I've been looking at mythtv for several years, but it's never all
come
> > together. Front-ends that were small, quiet, flexible, affordable
and
> > HD ready just didn't seem to exist.
> >
> > Then along came the Acer Aspire Revo R3600/R3610 and this
changed. I'm
> > now just at the start of getting everything going. I have a
single
> > R3600 running Mythbuntu and a backend made of scrap with just a
single
> > tuner. Even so, it's all very impressive, particularly mythweb.
> >
> > I have also got physical DVDs playing from a DVD drive in the
backend
> > using usbip. This needs work regards suspend/resume but looks
like a
> > workable solution.
> >
> > I'm now going to grab another couple of R3600s, make a proper
backend
> > with multiple tuners (advice for something energy efficient with
either
> > PCI, PCIe or USB tuners, or even hdhomerun gratefully received)
and