Fw: Re: New Boiler (with automation inclusion)

  • Subject: Fw: Re: New Boiler (with automation inclusion)
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 20:38:23 +0000

Could you recommend a company to speak to for advice and potential
install
?

Discussion
Main Topic

ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Today 20:06

Re: [ukha_d] Re: New Boiler (with automation inclusion)

Category:

Paul wrote:

> The guys over on the self-build group seem to go with thermal stores
> as they offer a lot of options. One you can use multiple heat sources,
> solar, wood-burning stove, gas, etc. As Mal said the boiler has fewer
> but longer runs and spends more time an optimum efficency by
> condensing. The stores are very well insulated so that the temperature
> drop is very low over an extended period.

Yes, that's something I had forgotten.  We went away for a 10 day break,
and even though the boiler had been switched off for the duration, we
still had hot water when we got back.

Mal