Dichroic to Dimmable LED - Umm.....

  • Subject: Dichroic to Dimmable LED - Umm.....
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 17:13:30 +0000

Been looking at dimmable LED swapouts for a while now - there was also
post of the AH site about this.

To the uninformed, this is a minefield. How do I know the LED I'm looking
at will give roughly the same "light"  (not power) as the
dichroic. Or
better ?

Does anyone know the LUX , colour level or whatever s atsnard 50w dichroic
bulb will chuck out ? And therefore we can match the best dimmable LED to
that. Not keen on a buy and try method when I need to replace so many, and
the cost of the units aren't that cheap.

Mostly, I've got 50w or 35w reflekto lamps - the units that throw as much
heat and light back down. I'd love to change all these for dimmable LED's
(which will hang off the CBUS dimmer) and therefore also be able to seal
the voids left in the loft between the insulation.

G.

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.