RE: [OT] TalkTalk Broadband - WTF?

Because the kit is rated to be able to deliver 24mbits under ideal
circumstances but they expect that given the physical distances and the
cabling in the exchange and to you they expect that you would get 8.8meg
seems pretty logical really.

Bit like buying a pair of 200mbits Devolos which will get pretty close to
that if they're plugged in side by side in a stripblock but finding that
you
only get 15mbits because you have an RCD breaker between the locations
where
they're plugged in but in your case they're actually being honest about
what
they expect you to get.

Here at home I was on an 8meg service (was paid for by my employer but no
longer) and we actually got no more than about 1.25meg but they still
charged for 8meg - at least these guys appear to be giving you the option
of
only paying for what you're likely to get...

Phil

] On